Thursday, September 4, 2008

Some things I love (in no particular order):

-building bridges - both with other people and communities, and figuratively, as connections in my mind
-learning the history of the Hip-Hop and House music I grew up with and sharing it with others through DJing
-collecting songs that have speeches or samples of Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. (or any other kind of political, uplifting, thought-invoking spoken word/speech laid over the top, (such as "can you feel it (Martin Luther King Jr. mix)" )
-honesty
-interacting with children and daydreaming about when I'll eventually have my own
-asking questions
-creative expression
-feminism
-cooking for and entertaining friends and family
-intimacy
-love songs
-overthinking/analyzing almost everything
-writing with nice pens
-hearing stories, hearing about other peoples' lives
-when I can step outside of my mind for a moment and just be.

Some things I dislike (I don't know if I actually hate anything):
-fear (not like "I have to overcome all my fears," but I understand it causes people to do things that are not nice to keep things comfortable or beneficial for themselves/others)
-when I overthink/analyze things to the point where I miss my chance to act/say what I want to say, or when it causes a burden or frustration for others
-blind criticism
-generalizing/sweeping/"universal" statements and notions that silence and confine people
-cold weather
-abuse, assault, and violence of any kind, be it between intimate partners, individuals, countries, communities, cultures, or anything else.
-where humanity is at right now.

No comments: