Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Some of my favs...

What I Love...

1. The indescribable feeling I get when I hear Hip Hop. One of my favorite verses of all time....
"I came in the door, i said it before
I never let the mic magnatize me no more
But it's biting me, fighting me, inviting me to rhyme
I can't hold it back, I'm looking for the line,
Taking off my coat, clearing my throat
My rhyme will be kicking it until I hit my last note
My mind range to find all kinds of ideas
Self-esteem makes it seem like a thought took years to build
But still say a rhyme after the next one
Prepared, never scared, I'll just bless one
And you know that I'm the soloist
So Eric B, make 'em clap to this." (Eric B. and Rakim for President)
2. My family, especially my 4 younger brothers. There names are Darrelle, Christian, Damaaj, and Quinton.
3. Talking on the phone! (I'm always on the phone)
4. Politics as Us-ual
5. The colors Green and Blue.
5. Reading. One of my favorite books is "The Fire Next Time" by James Baldwin.
7. The Jersey Shore
8. Water Ice
9. My friends!
10. Shooting Stars
11. Media Representations
12. Smart/Conscious Television and Music, i.e, The Boondocks, Arrested Development, Lupe Fiasco, Nas, KRS One, etc.

Things I dislike:
1. Black Exploitation Television
2. Applesauce, Apple Juice, and Peanut Butter and Jelly
3. Culture Appropriation
4. Insincerity

Guilty Pleasures:
1. Television ( Gossip Girl, Lipstick Jungle, and Weeds)
2. Bad Pop Music ( Wham)

No comments: